Return to Jobs List
Requisition Number: P2296
Location: Metal Injection Molding- Menomonie, WI
- Coordinate, direct and lead engineering efforts to ensure optimum engineering of projects/programs to meet customer and manufacturing requirements
- Interface with customers on a regular basis to resolve issues
- Facilitate communication between customer, sales, engineering functions, outside vendors, manufacturing and multi-facility groups
- Maintain cost control and profitability through interaction with the accounting group, sales and our customers
- Coordinate tooling programs from kick-off to part production ready (customer and manufacturing approval.
- Create and monitor project timelines
- Develop and establish cost estimates and project options to support quoting function.
- Implement technical solutions to meet customer and Phillips Plastics cost, quality, and delivery expectations.
- Travel up to 20% to 30%
- Keep work area clean.
- Report incidents and injuries to team leader/manager immediately.
- Recognize close-call incidents and safety hazards and take action to eliminate them.
- Use equipment properly and follow the safety features/operating procedures.
- Wear applicable personal protective equipment.
- Follow applicable safety, quality, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
- Actively participate in continual improvement, corrective action and customer satisfaction.
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- B.S. degree in engineering field with 2-6 years of related experience, or 5-10 years of directly related experience and education
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- Strong and diverse technical injection molding tooling, materials, manufacturing, quality, and product design skills
- Ability to use CAD to determine if tooling, equipment and part designs meet requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple large-scale projects.
- Demonstrated superior communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Ability to accurately quote design, tools/equipment, and parts.
- Ability to develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet financial goals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop future account needs.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and recommend options.
- Ability to lead others. Responsibility may include direct supervision of technicians and mentoring/leading engineers.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of capabilities and technologies of other PPC facilities, suppliers, and customers.